VERNON HILLS – The Hawthorn School District 73 Board of Education is inviting the public to a series of community engagement meetings to discuss how to resolve the district’s space challenges. Currently, District 73 is at capacity and it is growing.
The six meetings will include presentations by the Board of Education and opportunities for community members to provide feedback and advice. The first two meetings will focus on prioritizing solutions. The meetings will be at 7 p.m. on these dates and locations:
• April 5, Elementary North, 301 Hawthorn Parkway in Vernon Hills.
• April 17, Elementary South, 430 N. Aspen Drive in Vernon Hills.
• April 30, Middle School North, 201 Hawthorn Parkway in Vernon Hills.
• May 10, Aspen Elementary, 500 N. Aspen Drive in Vernon Hills (this meeting is tentative).
• May 21, Middle School South, 600 N. Aspen Drive in Vernon Hills.
• May 30, Townline Elementary, 810 N. Aspen Drive in Vernon Hills.